Alumno Astralis aims to improve the exchange of students world wide with focus on Quality Internships and Volunteer Work. We are an inbound work experience company.
We offer the following services:
1. Quality Internships
2. Thesis Projects
3. Volunteer Work
4. Student Accommodation
5. Residence Permits
We make an effort to make your work experience a success by preparing and facilitating your arrival to Mauritius in the best possible way. Please note that you are only able to do an internship in Mauritius with a Residence Permit
Over the years we have built a strong network of companies / organisations around Mauritius. We cover the following areas:
ACCOUNTANTS – ADVERTISING COMPANIES – AIRLINES – ARCHITECTS – BANKS – CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES – CONSUMER GOODS COMPANIES – COSMETICS COMPANIES – CALL CENTERS – CAR IMPORTERS – CIVIL ENGINEERING COMPANIES – DESIGN COMPANIES – ENVIRONMENTAL ORGANISATIONS – FINANCE – FASHION COMPANIES – GOLF CLUBS – GRAPHIC DESIGN COMPANIES – HEALTH SECTOR – HOLIDAY RENTAL COMPANIES – HOSPITALS – HOTELS & RESORTS (3,4,5 STAR) – HOTEL CHAINS – INSURANCE COMPANIES – IT COMPANIES – MACHINERY IMPORTERS – MAGAZINES – MANAGEMENT COMPANIES – MARKET RESEARCH COMPANIES – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING COMPANIES – LOGISTICS COMPANIES – NATURE NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS – PR COMPANIES – PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES – RECRUITMENT AGENCIES – REAL ESTATE COMPANIES – SECURITY SECTOR – SHIPPING COMPANIES -SUPERMARKET CHAINS – SOFTWARE COMPANIES – SPORTS COMPANIES – TELECOMMUNICATION – TOUR OPERATORS – TOURISM SECTOR – TRAINING CENTERS – TRAVEL AGENTS – TRADE FAIR ORGANISATIONS – TRUST COMPANIES – WEBSITE COMPANIES – WINE COMPANIES.
We generally work together with the leading companies in Mauritius.
Please visit “services” / “internship offers”
Due to visa regulations, students are not allowed to get involved in gainful activities. Our experience is that companies tend to pay a stipend to cover the housing costs, travel expenses and lunch costs, however this cannot be guaranteed since it’s up to the individual company & company policy. In Hotels the housing is often included. Alumno Astralis always aims to get the best deal for its students.
You need to take into consideration the below costs:
1. Flight. Your flight from and to Europe will cost you around 1000 euro, depending where you fly from and at what time of the year.
2. Our Services. Alumno Astralis will charge you for organizing your internship, your housing and your residence permit in Mauritius. The fee you will pay in 3 payments. Please contact us for the actual fee in your country since it may vary per country.
3. Cost of Living. Your monthly living expenses in Mauritius are between 400 and 500 euro per month, including your rent. Life in Mauritius is cheaper than in Europe.
Please note that we may charge a last minute fee for students who contact us less than 6 weeks before the start of their internship. We need to take into consideration that we need to apply for your residence permit in Mauritius also, which takes time.
Most of our accommodations are near the beach in the coastal areas. Students usually live in the following areas:
1. Blue Bay / South Coast
2. Flic en Flac / West Coast
3. Grand Bay / North Coast
4. Trou d’Eau Douce / East Coast
Most students live in shared accommodation. This means that you will have your own bedroom and will share your kitchen, living room, bathroom etc. You will be housed in the coastal zone nearest to your internship. Rooms in shared accommodation cost around 200 euro per month, individual studios / apartments will cost 300 – 350 – 400 euro per month. The monthly consumption of water, electricity, internet and gas are usually paid for by the tenant and will cost a minimum of 25 euro per person, per month. You will find pictures of the accommodations that we propose on this website under “Photo Book” / “Accommodations”.
We always send a driver to the airport to collect the students and take to their accommodation, at a fixed price. Once in Mauritius, students travel by bus, rental car or scooter to and from their internships. Companies often offer company transport and colleagues are usually helpful with the daily commute.
Most of the students we deal with follow Higher Education. We mainly deal with undergraduates and master students. All nationalities are welcome however the participants need to be at least 18 years and in some cases 20 years. Alumno Astralis has experience with students coming from: CHINA, THE NETHERLANDS, GERMANY, BELGIUM, LUXEMBOURG, FRANCE, ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, SWITZERLAND, AUSTRIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, POLAND, BULGARIA, ROMANIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, ITALY, GREECE, TURKEY, MOROCCO, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, MEXICO, ZIMBABWE, VIETNAM, INDONESIA, AUSTRALIA, INDIA, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, UKRAINE, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, RUSSIA, LATVIA, NAMIBIA, THAILAND, MOLDAVIA, ZAMBIA, DENMARK & LITHUANIA
Alumno Astralis has a reference page with all the institutes we work with on a regular basis. You will find the full list under “references” / “institutions”. You are also able to read the genuine comments of past students under “guestbook”. You will be able to search for comments from students from different countries. These comments have been written by the students and if your wish we are happy to put you in touch with one or two students as reference. Alumno Astralis is actually the first, the leading and the number one internship provider in Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. We have been around for many years and we have placed hundreds of students in this time, from 40 different countries. Our many years of experience in this field will off course assist tremendously to find the right & correct internship for you in Mauritius.
10 Reasons for doing an internship in Mauritius:
1. Mauritius is an Emerging Market!
2. English and French fluently spoken. Most interns are fluent in English, French is an advantage.
3. Natural beauty of the country. It has some of the Most Beautiful Beaches in the world.
4. Safe environment. However, we still want you to be cautious. Indeed Mauritius is a safe place. However it is of course our responsibility to share all the do’s and donts when it comes to Safety in Mauritius. Our team will discuss this with you during the introduction meeting on your arrival. Health & Safety have our highest priority!
5. Social and Political Stability. Mauritius has been independent since 1968 and has been a stable Republic since 1992.
6. Multicultural Population. You will learn about many different cultures on the Multicultural Island of Mauritius.
7. Education based on the British System. Mauritius has, traditionally, many links with Europe.
8. Mauritius is ranked First in Africa on the list of the World Bank of ‘ease of doing business’ in the world.
9. Mauritius has a relatively High Per Capita Income.
10. Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius offers a High Quality of Living and Mauritius can be considered a Civilized Place.